EZ-Access Fortress OSHA Stair System
The FORTRESS® OSHA Stair System provides temporary or permanent access and can be configured to fit many different applications, allowing the flexibility needed to accommodate virtually any layout or lot configuration. Available in two sizes, this durable, aluminum stair system can be used in all weather conditions and is built to take on the rigors of high-traffic use. Also available for the FORTRESS Stair is an optional, easy-to-install canopy for rain, sun, and snow protection.
- Variable Position Height Range: Highest adjustability in the industry with each size having three height positions. 3-step adjusts from 23” to 34” (OSHA compliant at 25.5” and 34”) and 4-step adjusts from 27.5” to 42.5” (OSHA compliant at 34” and 42.5”).
Construction: Features a sturdy, boxed-frame design for superior strength and durability and all fittings are made of high quality aluminum or galvanized steel. The four-post canopy has cross member supports for wind load resistance.
- Simple Installation: One-person assembly in under 30 minutes.
- Adjustability and Use: The rapid-swap design also allows the canopy to be easily moved as needed. Generous, 96" measurement from walking surface to roof ensures plenty of door swing and light fixture clearance.
- Oversized Feet: May eliminate the need for pavers in most soil conditions.
- Platform with Drain Holes: Helps facilitate drainage with additional .75” holes in platform surface.
- Optional Secondary Handrails: If handrails need to be installed on both sides, additional riser handrails and platform handrails are available.
- Optional Canopy: Easy-to-install 96” canopy for overhead protection from the elements. The rust-resistant Canopy features an aluminum frame with 22-gauge galvanized steel roof. Attaches directly to the FORTRESS Stair, which means no footings or building alterations are needed
- Stair System Components: Platform legs feature captured fasteners allowing for a wide range of adjustability. The one-step riser connection uses an OSHA safety pin to lock the riser to the platform. Also features hardware-free handrails that slide into the platform and lock securely in place with Valco snap buttons. Handrails are universal for left or right installation and fold flat for easy transport and storage. System ships with one riser handrail and one platform handrail.
- Safety and Durability: OSHA compliant and exceeds NIOSH lifting recommendations. Each major component weighs less than 50 lbs. allowing for safe, one-person installation. Welded construction and 6000 series alloy aluminum. Extruded tread for maximum slip-resistance.
- Stair System Adjustability and Use: The platform and riser legs adjust independently allowing for easy, on site leveling. The design also allows the stair system to be easily expanded, reconfigured, or moved.
Made in the USA and carries a three-year warranty.
This item ships freight and has a flat shipping cost of $499
Both models can be set at two different positions, one with the top step level with the platform and one with the top step one riser height below the platform. At these two set positions, a height range is attainable due to the independently adjustable platform and riser legs. This design not only allows for easy, on site leveling, but it also allows the stair system to be set at a different height when moved to a new location.
|FOR2334 (3 Step)
|| FOR2742 (4 Step)
|Number of Risers||3||4|
|Height adjustment||23” - 34”||27.5” - 42.5”|
|OSHA-compliant heights||25.5” & 34”||34” & 42.5”|
|Overall height range
|65.5" - 76.5"||70.1" - 85"|
|Overall height range
|116.3" - 127.3"||120.9" - 135.8"|
|Overall height without canopy
- OSHA Compliant
|68" & 76.4"||76.5" & 85"|
|Overall height with canopy
- OSHA Compliant
|118.8" & 127.3"||127.3" & 135.8"|
|Riser weight with legs||27 Lbs.||37 Lbs.|
|Riser handrail weight||7 Lbs.||8 Lbs.|
|Platform weight with legs||46 Lbs.||48 Lbs.|
|Platform handrail weight||16 Lbs.||17 Lbs.|
|System net weight||96 Lbs.||110 Lbs.|
|Footprint (fully assembled) (W x L)||40.5" x 89.5"||40.5" x 99"|
Platform size – overall (W x L): 40.5” x 60"
Platform size – useable (W x L): 38.5” x 58.5”
Aluminum type: 6000 series
Rated load*: 1000 lbs.
Standard feet: 4” x 4” sq.
Riser height: 8.5”
Riser tread depth: 9.5”
Riser tread width: 36.5”
Riser handrail height – measured from leading edge of step tread to gripping surface: 36”
Platform handrail height: 42.5”
Warranty: 3 Years
Riser type: Open
Universal handrails: Left or right turn